Monday 6 April 2015

How to be Inspiring.

There is one thing that people that inspire us have. They have achieved something hard, something that we perceive to be amazing. And it can come in any form, let it be from the people that helped others, that live their lives according to their values or people that achieved something amazing.
I can get a lot of short term inspiration from the people that honed their craft to perfection. Be it the writer of a good thought-provoking book, a sweets maker that can make great statues out of it, a sportsman that achieved something great or anything in between.
But my long term inspiration come from the people that manage to live their life according to their values. I get most inspiration from the people having similar values to myself, but I can appreciate the people that managed to do that, even with the opposite values.
So if you want to be inspiring, all you need to do is live the life according to your values. Be the one that holds yourself to the higher ideal, even if it is sometimes inconvenient. Don't be the one that compromises on it.

I am still working on it, and it is hard work. But I have at least become much more aware of when I compromise my values and I am working on minimizing the number of times that happen. But I know that there is still long road ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment