Sunday 8 March 2015

Persistence

They say that persistence pays off and they aren't kidding. I suppose we sometimes have to have nerves of steel to get through obstacles that jump up in front of us. Sheer will and determination go a long way to making things happen.
Health insurance is no joke today. And for those of us caught up in the economy problems, it's even less of a joke. Needing health insurance is a real problem. Getting health insurance when you have very low income can be problematic, too, although I do have to thank President Obama for taking care of that problem. If not for him, I doubt I'd have any health insurance today.
My insurance lapsed a few days ago. I'd called the state last week to get it renewed. It should have taken 5 minutes. But someone told me that my account was under my husband's name and they had to figure out how to renew me without him. They said they'd call me back. They did not.
I called today and spoke with someone else who said they needed the death certificate for my husband. sigh. I asked why no one called me to let me know. She had no clue. I uploaded it right then and there and I was then told it would be 72 hours before a decision about my health insurance would be made. I found that completely unacceptable.
I called my health insurance company directly and they did say my insurance had lapsed. So I explained my dilemma. She began reading me my rights under Obamacare and then she called the state, read them the riot act about making me sit and wait when I have rights to my own health care and within 15 minutes I had health insurance once again.
I know that jobs are hard to come by, but I have a feeling that almost anyone can get one of those state jobs. They need better training to help people in need. Anyway, I'm very grateful to the woman at my insurance company who took care of me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment